Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day of Inspiration

David Shrigley. Corner House.















I was feeling lost with my work and so I decided I needed some motivation. Shrigley's work is not usually the kind of work I like, but I was surprised by how captured I was by the work. Shrigley shows his personality in his work with bits of his humour entwined within his drawings.





Paper at the Cutting Edge. Manchester Art Gallery.


  This was one of my favourite exhibitions I've been to, I liked the creativity of the artists and the innovative use of materials. It taught me that you can make a beautiful piece of work with the most simple of materials. A lot of the work was also relevant to the journey work I had been currently doing. It helped me with the idea of a colour palette and the use of contrasts.





No comments:

Post a Comment