Tuesday 29 January 2013

DATA





I am currently in print, I am enjoying this sampling project. There is a lot of drawing which is what I enjoy most and I feel that I am confident in this area. We are currently working on black and white motifs which will then be put onto screen for printing. I began with looking at general data and graphs, I looked at heart monitors and then graphs and data that are used in health care and medicine. I found this quite limiting so I looked at my work further to see what I could develop. I really like the heart monitor drawings and they reminded me of skylines, so I decided to look at city scapes and buildings from birds eye views. This gave me the ability to create geometric abstract shapes that were placed in a structured order. I also looked at the idea of congestion due to the cars looking like shapes, my only problem was the ratio of black to white so I considered this carefully.  I have also quickly looked at the idea of colour, but I feel the colour stripe isn't an accurate representation of the picture I have chosen so I am going to further work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment