Wednesday 1 January 2014

Written Brief

BRIEF

I am aiming to create a series of prints using digital print. I will try to create a series of sample prints for a fashion collection, I am going to create a range of high end graphic silk t-shirts, these will be displayed in a series of flats alongside digital fabric and paper samples.
The visual research I will undertake will be primary research in the form of photography, drawing and also market research. I am planning to explore typography looking into the idea of religion, ie figures, religious buildings, features and writings. I have been looking into current trends , these have included digital montages and the idea of defacing features. I am going to combine both of these ideas in my project. 
I am going to research heavily at the start of project experimenting with a range of primary visual research so I am not limited with my range of prints and outcomes. I am going to draw from observation so I have a range of motifs I can take into photoshop and illustrator advancing and further the skills I have previously learnt.
I am going to  work with techniques I learnt from workshops in the last project and further develop them in this brief.
I want to create a fashion collection for woman age range 25-35. Women of the working profession who can afford to spend a bit more on quality garments. I am going to create a range of designer t-shirts for the high end market. (t-shirt range) They are going to be silk t-shirts, (see Prabal Gurung t-shirt range). I have been inspired by Aquilano Rimondi's Spring 2014 collection. I like the vibrancy in the print and the graphic montage incorporated alongside the more traditional images. 


I am going to do the Bradford textiles live brief. Working with a digital print for fashion. Working with a garment in mind creating fashion illustrations to display my print . I am going to work under pressure giving myself limited time . I have also undertaken a placement during this project so I am going to produce a report on this, alongside evidence of emails corresponding with companies regarding future internships.

No comments:

Post a Comment