Friday 18 October 2013

CP/Architecture. Idea of home.

 I chose the Architecture space and design unit due to being extremely interested in architecture , I feel my work always relates back or begins from the idea of Architecture and space. I feel I have chosen perfectly as the lectures completely tie in with my current brief. I like how the lectures are very conceptual and they really get me thinking about different ideas concerning architecture space and design. In the last two lectures we have been talking about the idea of home. The idea that an architect believes that after he has built his building it should be furnished and used as he thought it should be. This is usually ignored as its impractical. People living there have different ideas and taste. We also looked at the idea of space, home and objects and how we present these to others and the relationship this has with our identity and other people. This is can be shown by the idea of the mantlepiece and the objects we choose to show to others, and how these represent us.
The material culture (stuff) of our homes say something about ourselves. The objects in the home are curated to present out identity and are deemed appropriate for certain circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment