Sunday 17 November 2013

Experimental Print Samples



Today I was working in the print room, using pigment painting on a range of textured contrasting fabrics. I liked the effect it had on the leather and the jersey material and I could see some of the subtle prints working on jumpers or a skirt. I found it quite frustrating as a lot of my colours didn't work on certain fabrics. I do like the pearl pigment paint I used on the wet look mack material , it gives an metallic reflective effect. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and use new materials and techniques. I'm not that keen on how the colours have worked out , I feel I have used too much purple and grey so I am going to continue and try to shift the colour balance when I next go in the print room.

No comments:

Post a Comment