Tuesday 19 November 2013

Foil Printing



I have been experimenting with foil prints, using my motifs on screen and then ironing the foil on top. This creates a metallic effect which I really like. Some prints worked better than others, this was mainly due to the fabric resisting and certain motifs not being bold enough. But after a series of trial and errors I created some prints that I was happy with. I am going to use some of them as backgrounds for pigment printing on top, this meaning I can bring more colours from my colour palette in. I have also scanned these in and I am going to work on top in photoshop. I also kept the foil after I had ironed and peeled them, I like the sheer effect, I am going to try and incorporate these into my digital work. I am also going to layer them on top of coloured fabric to create samples. I have been finding it difficult to combine the idea of texture into my 2D digital prints and illustrations and so I think I have come up with the perfect solution to resolve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment