Sunday 24 November 2013

Intentions Evaluation.

At the beginning of this project, I found it very difficult to get into it and I felt very unfocused.  This was due to the fact I found what I was looking at very uninspiring. I feel like I didn't make use of the first few weeks and missed out on original drawing and experimentation due to not really knowing where my project was going. After extensive brainstorming and primary research, I came up with a final concept. I felt my new idea had a lot more depth and I worked a lot better as I could produce better quality work. My primary research mainly consisted of my own photography and drawings which I then took into photoshop. I concentrated heavily on working with layers and opacity trying to work with various line effects, creating an almost 3D effect. I worked on top of my photographs as I feel this was able to convey the textured details I wanted to retain in my digital prints. I looked at A/W 2013/14 key trends and was really excited with the idea of combining contrasting texture and fabrics. After listening to a talk by Kate Phelan I became really inspired and motivated to try and include some of the ideas she highlighted in my own work.  I concentrated heavily on the fashion side of textiles and created numerous placement prints with garments in mind. The main problem I had throughout this project was trying to combine texture into my 2D prints and illustrations. I worked hard at trying to resolve this by experimenting in the print room. I worked on challenging materials such as leather and wool. I also worked with foil printing, thus bringing the metallic trend to life in the collection, I then furthered this work by scanning the prints and using them in photoshop and in my final illustrations.  
On the whole I have really enjoyed this project, going to all the workshops have really helped me to have a wider knowledge of photoshop and how to use the print room wisely. Even though I haven't used all of the processes, I have made sure I have noted them so I know I can use them in future projects. 
During this project, I feel as if I have found what I get inspired by and what context I want my work to be based on . It has been a massive learning curve, where I have learnt a lot of new skills, techniques and processes which I can take with me and further in projects to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment