Monday 17 February 2014

Clover Canyon A/W 2014-15







Clover Canyon are one of my favourite designers and always feature in each project of mine as I feel my work relates to them. I always revert back to Clover Canyon when I'm deciding on how to place my prints on garments. Canyon's collection heavily feature placement prints which are cleverly placed on garments. This collection featured faces and so it was good to see how they had included this feature into their own work.  The position of the figure and what it was put with really fed into my own work. This collection was based on their Irish heritage using icons such as Oscar wild and features such as tartan and stained glass windows, because the prints were so dizzying the styling needed to be simplistic. It is good to balance this, I feel styling is a big part of my work and helps the final collection work together if I think about this aspect greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment